- Where is Isla Mujeres? How big is it?
Isla Mujeres is located about 5 miles off the coast of Cancun. It’s a small slender island, about 5 miles long and half a mile wide.
- How do I get to Isla Mujeres?
The main ferry leaves from Puerto Juarez in Cancun. (click here for directions)
There are also ferries departing from Cancun’s Hotel Zone at:
- Playa Tortuga
- Playa Caracol
Just keep in mind, the ferry’s departing from the Hotel Zone take longer, and cost more.
Although NOT recommended, if traveling with a car, you’ll have to take the car ferry from Punta Sam. (click here for directions)
- How long does it take to get to Isla Mujeres?
- With the main ferry from Puerto Juarez, about 30 minutes.
- With the hotel zone ferries, approximately 45 minutes.
- With the car ferry, about 60 minutes.
- How much does it cost to get to Isla Mujeres?
The prices vary, so you want to verify by Clicking Here.
At the main ferry at Puerto Juarez, it’s about 10 USD for a roundtrip ticket.
For the Hotel Zone ferries, they’re about 20 USD for a roundtrip ticket.
For the car ferries, they’re about 250-500 Mexican Pesos. Prices also vary there, depending on the vehicle, so verify here.
For more info, check out our Blog Post “Things to do in Isla Mujeres”.
- What is there to do at Isla Mujeres?
Here’s where you can see the real Mexico. Not only will you get a chance to meet all the friendly locals but you can:
- Swim with a whaleshark
- Go snorkeling at various coral reefs
- Take a daytrip to Isla Contoy
- Go scuba-diving (even with NO certification)
- Go deep-sea fishing for sailfish
- Take a golf-cart around the entire island in a few hours
- Visit Pirate Mundaca’s tombstone
- See ancient Mayan ruins
- Take a trip to the Sea Turtle Ranch
- Pet and hold a friendly and tame catshark
- Hit up the local bars and party
- & so much more!