Save up to 15% Off
This is one of the most popular activities in Isla Mujeres. Why? Because you get so much value for your money. First, start off by heading to Jason deCaires Taylor’s one-of-a-kind underwater sculpture museum that’s been featured on the BBC, Discovery Channel, and USA Today. You’ve never seen anything like this before.
Then explore two beautiful coral reefs filled with colorful tropical fish. End your tour with an incredibly tasty seafood ceviche.
Duration: 3.5 – 4 hours.
Visiting Isla Mujeres is a must-do activity when staying in Cancun. And there’s no better way to enjoy Isla Mujeres, than by snorkeling through 4 beautiful coral reefs and spectacular MUSA.
• Isla Mujeres (alongside the Ultramar Ferry pier)
• Cancun (at the Punta Sam pier, alongside the Puerta del Mar Hotel at the end of Bonampak Avenue, at the entrance of Playa Mujeres)
Departs every hour between 8am – 2pm.
• For your safety, please do not take this tour if you have been drinking alcohol. Those who clearly have been, will unfortunately not be permitted to take the tour.
• To protect yourself against sunburns, try wearing a long sleeve t-shirt. The use of sunblock is not permitted as it damages the ecosystem.
What to Bring?
• Bathing suit (with long-sleeve t-shirt if possible).
• Waterproof camera for pictures + videos (tour does not include pictures).
• Non-alcoholic drinks (a cooler will be provided but you must bring your own drinks).
• 6 USD dollars or 100 MXN pesos is additionally charged to every passenger by the port (this is standard procedure and we do not receive any of this money).
• Snorkeling equipment (mask, fins, snorkel).
• Life-jacket (use of life-jacket is mandatory).
• Food at the end of the tour (includes the famous Mayan cuisine of Tikin-Xic fish, with rice or noodles, salsas, tortillas, and a salad).
• Certified Captain and Co-Captain.
- The tour departs every hour, but we recommend arriving half an hour prior to your departure time.
Once aboard the boat, you will receive a briefing for the activity. Security measures, instructions, recommendations, and underwater hand signals, will be discussed.
- First Swim
The tour starts off by visiting a sunken ship. Here’s where you’ll enter the water.
From there we’ll go swimming to “La Cuevita” where you will see the image of Our Lady of Charity of El Cobre.
- Second Swim
Next we’ll visit “El Farrito” or the small lighthouse, where you’ll see amazing coral reefs.
After some time, we’ll return to the boat and head to the incredible Manchones Reefs. Here you’ll also find the amazing underwater museum (MUSA) and all of their one-of-a-kind sculptures.
You’ll swim over these sculptures and see how they’ve begun to fuse with mother nature through growing vegetation.
- Third Swim
After sometime at Manchones Reef, we’ll head over to Playa Tiburon. Here you’ll get a chance to swim with a safe, non-dangerous cat shark. For a very low price, you can get your picture taken with it.
- Meanwhile, the captain will begin to cook the famous Tikin Xic fish. This is an old Mayan recipe that includes lime juice, salt, and achiote sauce that is so popular in the Yucatan State.
Tikin Xic comes with rice or pasta, salsas, tortillas, and salad.
Drinks are not included.
After this, we’ll return to our starting point.